Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The best damn sports book, period


The Reds were off today, I've been running on little sleep the past few days, and unless you want me to divulge the intricacies of today's Alexander High School vs. New Lexington High School game in all its inconsequential glory, I'm going to leave you with this vital tidbit:

Read Now I Can Die in Peace by the great Bill Simmons.

Buy it, borrow it, steal it, download it. Do whatever you must to get your hands on this wonderful, riotous jewel of American sports literature. I'm only 70 pages into it, and it's already the most entertaining book I've ever read. And I'm not even a Sox fan. I can't believe I put off buying it for two years. If you don't laugh out loud at least once at each editorial within this book, you might want to get your head checked.

Funny, critical, informative, candid, and an absolute must-have for any sports fan.

I've got the 2007 ESPN Pro Football Almanac en route from the great folks over at Amazon. I'm not going to have a life for the next five months, I swear.

No comments: